KO’s Greek Salad
While there are many variations on Greek salad, KO’s Greek Salad is a simple one with only a few key ingredients – lots of fresh, ripe tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, red onion and feta cheese. The salad is dressed with a generous serve of extra virgin olive oil which combines beautifully with the aromatic juices of the tomatoes and is enhanced with that quintessential Greek seasoning of dried oregano. For that authentic Greek Salad eating experience, don’t forget some crusty bread to soak up all the delicious juices!
You will need…
For the Greek Salad
- 8 tomatoes, halved and cut into thick wedges
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced into half rounds
- 1 green pepper, halved lengthwise and sliced into small strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into semicircles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g block feta cheese
Make the Greek Salad
- Prepare the fresh vegetables and place together in a salad bowl.
- Season with salt and oregano.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil.
- Toss all of the ingredients together.
- Place the feta cheese on top of the other ingredients.
- Drizzle the feta cheese with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a little more dried oregano on top of the feta cheese.
Serve the Greek Salad
- Greek salad can be eaten on its own or as a side dish… and don’t forget to have some fresh, crusty bread handy to soak up the delicious juices.